Again, stupid pictures are out of order but oh well...
School this year was hard on me. We sent Caitlin for the first time...Hailey I wasn't worried about, I knew she'd be happy to go and meet new friends and learn. She grew so much going to school and couldn't stop talking about "her school" all summer long. Caitlin on the other hand...I knew she needed to go, she is such a big girl. She needs to be around other kids (not just her sissy), needed to be away from Mommy & Daddy but its hard. She is in that weird age where she'll be 2 in less than a month but Hailey was already 2 1/2 when she started. I knew I didn't want to wait until next year when Caitlin would be almost 3 by the time she started though.
The first day was pretty rough...she went in to the class just fine, played with some toys until she realized we were starting to leave and she picked up puppy and was ready to go with us. She cried and all that fun stuff as soon as we left...we then went to drop Hailey off and of all kids (actually of ALL the 3's) they ALL clinged to their parents legs and didn't want to go into the class! Finally, they went in and Hailey threw a fit but I knew within minutes she'd be fine and she was. Mrs. Heather told me later that before they even had the door shut, she was fine and playing. I went back and checked on Caitlin and she wasn't crying but being held by the teacher. Felt better when we picked her back up that she was fine as soon as everyone was settled. She had a few rough days since but now is perfectly fine when we drop her off and pick her up! I even picked her up the other day and peeked in the window at her, she finally saw me but instead of crying she just got happy "Mommy here, Mommy here" and then helped clean up the classroom.
Here are some pics from the first day!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Girls First Day of School 2009
Posted by Nicole at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment