Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Car...

...most everyone knows that Jeff was in an accident on Hailey's birthday...and they totalled the car. :( My little neon... lol. So we are in the market of a new car right now. We're trying to be smart about it and get something that seats ALL of us (2 older girls when they are with us) instead of just getting another little car that Jeff can drive. We thought we'd just buy something out right but now are leaning more towards getting a loan (SMALL LOAN). We went to Drive Time and *I* can get a car there but of course because of the place it is...the interest and payments are HIGH and they jack the price up on the car. BUT it was the first place we went because I figured if *I* can get a car from THEM, I should be able to elsewhere. It also helps that we actually have a down payment (from the check they paid to total the neon, which I am not cashing until we have a car - so hopefully that will be before the 180 days that it says on the check, lol). I just don't want to chance cashing it and "not spending it" and it get spent. Ya know? We're gonna put the girls in after school care on Monday (so they'll stay until 2:30) and we'll hopefully be able to go car shopping. Wish us luck! I REALLY don't want a high car payment...especially since we don't know how things will go with business ever.

0 comments: