Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Pics & Update

We've been pretty busy around here lately...

Caitlin is doing really well... ear looks great! We go back to see Dr. Barcelo tomorrow for her post-op follow up. We will be going to get her ears pierced soon! As soon as he tells us we are okay to! Still no teeth... one of these days! :) Still eating EVERYTHING she can get her hands on, I think even when she is full, she will still eat! We've been doing bottles only the last 3 days... I THOUGHT I was going to stop breastfeeding, because it seems like I was only nursing in the morning and bedtime and the bedtime has been hard lately, she is sooooo distracted and doesn't stay latched on and mornings are so hectic it seems like. She does fine with a bottle (and sippy cups) and doesn't seem to mind her formula. BUT of course I wake up today and start thinking "I have the milk, why am I not using it?" Why would I "dry up" and just stop... I can still only nurse in the AM if that's all she'll do... so we're going to see how today goes. I had that wonderful thought AFTER she took her bottle this AM. haha, go figure! Even if I do stop, it's been 9 months, 2 weeks -- that's not bad at all!! My goals were to nurse immediately after having her (I did that), nurse till 6 months (did that) and nurse till 1 year (we'll see)...

I love this pic of Hailey... her face is like "why is SHE in here?"

I thought this was a cute pic, with the splashes in the pic...

Mal put that silly BABY hat on Caitlin...

Look how dazed they both look...
no clue what they were watching but it had both their attention

She was being silly... leaning back on my lap after I nursed her.

Standing really really good... not walking yet though.
SOON though, she's going to skip the "steps" and just run!

"Mmm, I LOVE mac n cheese!"

"What Mommy?"

Daddy can ALWAYS get her to smile!


Hailey is doing good too... busy busy busy body and SOOOO talkative. She is saying new things I can't keep a list anymore!! And unfortunately, she has picked up OUR (mine, Jeff, Shawna)'s bad habits and can now say SH*T and SHUT UP!!! AHHHHH!!!!!! It is sooooooooo hard to break her of it, because we're not saying it anymore but she already knows how to say them! I think we're getting okay with breaking her of it, trying to teach her "other" words to use instead. I know, horrible horrible parents!!!! Hope we can break it before Sept, that's when she'll start SCHOOL! Oh my - I can't believe she'll be in school already. Where does time go? It really does seem to go by faster and faster each day... pretty soon, Caitlin will be in school too :( Her classes start I think Sept 9th... kind of weird they start a little later then regular school.

Hailey's like "What?"

Passed out in a weird way, like always!

This was after we had our pictures taken... she was OUT!

Woke up and repositioned...

She LOVES the water!!

My little fish!

Working sooo hard! Silly girl...


0 comments: