Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

We were able to carve pumpkins again this year! We didn't get to last year due to just having Caitlin and all that fun stuff... so it was nice to do it this year. We invited Nana & Papa over as well as Shawna, Joy & the girls... cooked dinner and started out with our cupcakes before carving pumpkins! And let me say, pumpkins are so gross! They stink and are just yucky! LOL! I am so glad that Jeff was here to help there and will always be here to help the girls out! This is definitely one event that Mommy will just take pictures and watch :)

Shawna mentioned to me that I had to make these cupcakes again because Hailey's first Halloween (2 years ago), I made them when we had the girls over to carve pumpkins and we wanted to get a picture of Hailey with them.

Hailey and Caitlin... sweet girls

All the sisters... yummy!

Hailey with her little gloves that came with one of the pumpkin carving sets

Sweet picture of Hailey....

... and Caitlin!!

Caitlin didn't have time to look up for pictures, she was eating her cupcake!



Yes, I know many of you are probably thinking "when did people start wearing gloves to carve pumpkins"... well I do! It's just nasty! Sorry! LOL!


Caitlin wanted NOTHING to do with it... I was surprised! I really figured I'd get a cute pic of her digging into it... we did with Hailey! But she just wanted to look, not touch. (Smart girl!) ;-)

Hailey got down and dirty with them though :)

It was a fun night... forgot to get a picture of the finished products.

Mal made a High School Musical 3, it didn't last... it ended up giving out and falling at their house, it just didn't have much support since she carved so much - she did HSM 3. Cute idea!
Mo did a bat...
Mal helped Hailey's out and did a flower that turned out to be a typical "pumpkin face", very cute!
And Daddy... well, I don't think he had any idea what he was going for so his turned out to be just holes. Tiny holes... still not sure where he was going with that. LOL!


0 comments: