So we FINALLY got in to see Dr. Tammi today for Caitlin's 1 year check up! We missed the first appt due to us being late (yeah, I know we're always late) and then she ended up having to leave for our appt last week (family issues) and we will ONLY see Dr. Tammi so we rescheduled. Thankfully we were on time today and she was in! :)
Caitlin is doing great... which of course we knew! But as a Mommy, it's nice to hear it from the doc! She is now 19lbs 13oz and she said to give her about a week or two and we can transition her to her big girl car seat, but I'm not in a huge hurry with her. Not like we were with Hailey... she doesn't seem to mind her car seat like Hailey did - I guess since Hailey is back there to talk to her! She is 29 3/4in long and I can't remember what her head is but it's right on the 50% mark. She said her weight is still lower in the 25% and she is tall in the 75% mark or so but doing great as far as growing and all that fun stuff. I'm not sure where my girls get their tall skinny bodies (not from their Momma!) but they are both "tiny"...
She checked her ears, since we hadn't been back since her ear infection and they are great... still has a little drainage though from the "cold" but looks fine. Her FOUR top teeth are FINALLY through!!!! They have all come through within the last few days, finally! Poor little thing... and Dr. T said there is no signs of any on the bottom coming soon... so she has 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom.
She is going to be calling Children's hospital and scheduling a follow-up VCUG with sedation, which I'm assuming will happen sometime from now till her 15mth check up in Jan (so she'll have results and be able to talk to us about it). We told her we WILL NOT do a VCUG again without her being sedated... I can't put her through that, thankfully she agreed! She said it's hit and miss with the younger babies (like she was the 1st time, around 2-3 months old), some just get annoyed because your holding them down but it doesn't seem to phase them and others are screaming bloody murder like Caitlin did. But at her age now, she is to much at risk to remember it and we don't that! :)
She is a chatter box lately! She is starting to form her "words" and saying more things. She understands a lot and is changing so much, in just the past week! She copies ANYTHING Hailey does and is always following sissy around. She LOVES to play peek a boo right now, she puts her hands over her face and will play with you and sounds like she is saying "where's Caitlin"... it's so cute! She loves to play with Mommy & Daddy (and sissy) in the bed, we hide under the covers. It's fun and gives the girls a chance to get out some energy! Ohhhh and she is so smart! She is starting to do what Hailey did (but she didn't do it till she was almost TWO!) but if she has a dirty diaper or is just wet, she'll point to it if you ask her or she'll bring you a diaper! Maybe I'll get lucky and can potty train her sooner than normal! haha!!!
The other night my Momma came over for Pokeno (it's fun, I hosted it) and Caitlin woke up from her nap... she went straight to my Mom and said "gigi" aww!! She has never done that. She didn't want her Momma! She wanted GiGi!
Oh, and in regards to the appt today... she got 6 pokes!!! 3 shots, which hurt - poor thing! You could see her flinch. She got her flu shot (and so did Hailey but we'll get to her in a minute) and then they did a poke in her arm for TB and then we had to go down to the lab for her finger to be pricked to retest her iron levels (if you remember at her 6mth appt it was low) and a few other things (I think iron and something else?)... she screamed the ENTIRE time she got her finger done. Poor thing! And she cried with the shots, but stopped by the time they were done with Hailey's 1 shot... and they haven't seem to phase her today. Thankfully!
Now about Hailey... it was so funny! She watched sissy and told her it was okay and then when it was her time, Daddy held her and pulled her pant leg down a little... she screamed! And of course was tightening up her leg which I'm sure made it feel worse and cried for a few minutes afterwards but was fine... then she said "I want another one!". WHAT! What kid asks for another shot! LOL! Silly girl... even in the car we were talking to her and said "did you get a shot Hailey?" and she says "Yes" and then goes onto tell us "I want another shot". haha! Silly silly girl... I think she wanted another band aide! She loves them like they are candy! She is also doing so well... learning so much in school. I love to see her when she gets out of class and the excitement on her face when she shows me her art work and tells me what she learned. Most days she will just say "I don't know" when you ask her but the other day, Jeff actually picked her up and I asked her what she learned today and she said "my hands"... I said what about them, you learned about your hands? and she said "yup, both my hands". Then I asked her what color she learned and she said "Chocolate"... I said, what color is chocolate and she said "White". I told her, yeah it is - what other color is it? "Brown"... smart sweet girl.
Anyway... I think that is all for now. I don't think I have left anything out but of course if I have, I'll post another!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Caitlin's 1 year check up (and quick update)
Posted by Nicole at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
So is she still in the infant carrier? I'm confused. We just turned Caleb's carseat around...2 weeks early. It's so nice to turn around and see his smiling face!
Post a Comment