Monday, December 1, 2008

One of "those" nights...

Poor Caitlin has been having a bad night... it's been one of "those" nights, where everything that COULD go wrong does. We have smelled every kind of nasty smell tonight too!!

All started with us going to dinner... I noticed Caitlin didn't eat much (not like her at all) but that's okay she just wasn't that hungry. We are driving home and she started coughing... we were joking with her and asking if she was okay and all of a sudden she started to throw up!!! And it kept coming... of course my first reaction was to yell for Jeff to just pull over, even though were less then 2 mins away from home... after not being able to get her out of her seat, we just raced home to get her out and cleaned up. Yuck, cleaning all that up!!

Then she is fine and playing, seemed fine - like she just got choked up... as she I guess lost her footing and bumped her head, although Jeff think thinks she was trying to bend over and didn't realize how close she was to the fireplace. He said she wasn't standing and looked like she had fallen over, it's like she was sitting playing with her toys... I was in the hallway and heard it! She was playing with her toys by the fireplace and I'm guessing hit the edge... by the time (literally seconds later) we picked her up, she had this nice goose egg! (See pics below)






Poor thing... It looks like someone put a half a marble under her skin!! OUCH!
Oh and in the middle of messing with all the yucky throw up business I noticed stew meat I bought last week, that I never got a chance to put in freezer bags (due to being so thrown off with Thanksgiving) was nasty and leaked all over the fridge! So we got a chance to clean out of fridge! Oh joy! Talk about another yucky smell, old nasty meat!!
Ugh - bedtime couldn't come sooner for us! LOL!
Anyway, she seems fine though -- throwing up wise and bump...
But while we are on the subject of Caitlin, most close family already knows but she is having her follow-up VCUG on Wed afternoon (to test the status of her kidney reflux). She WILL be sedated for it... please pray for good results and the sedation to go well. She has seemed fine, since she was tiny tiny but it's standard to do a follow up since we can't really tell what is going inside her body, since she hasn't shown any signs of problems.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You need to get one of these stat!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2332260

We got one as soon as we moved in and it has saved a lot of headaches...literally!

Jennjilla said...

She'll do great - I hope you get great test results like we did! The power of prayer is amazing!

Sorry y'all had a rough night. I hate nights like those...it's like, can we go to sleep yet?!?!?