Sunday, December 28, 2008

Caitlin's VCUG

***I typed this out December 15th, sorry I am just now getting a chance to actually finish it - I needed to upload the pics still... see how long it took to just do that! LOL ***

As everyone knows we had Caitlin's VCUG a few weeks ago (the 3rd). I just found out the results this past Friday... Dr. Williams was out all week so she hadn't signed off on them yet. The nurse that called said they graded it different, they should of used the number system... as you may remember she was a Stage III before... she is at Moderate now. Dr. Tammi said it would be a Stage III to her, or SLIGHTLY improved. NOT what I wanted to hear but that's okay...

We'll talk with Dr. Tammi at her 15 mth check up in January about what we'll do but my first guess is we'll just watch her, make sure she doesn't have any UTI's (she hasn't since it all started back when she was roughly 3 months old) and they'll retest her VCUG every year. The Urologist before told us that kids usually grow out of it by the time they're 3-5 years old... so hopefully she'll be sooner then later.

My main concern is underlining problems that we can't see... you know? So I plan to talk with Dr. Tammi

She was sooooo cute. Poor thing was so drugged, it was funny though because I guess we thought she'd have an IV and actually be put to sleep, but it was just sedation (they gave her, I can't think of the name of it but by mouth) and then took her back 20 mins later, she was alert but "happy"... well Jeff didn't like that idea because he was really worried it would be like last time and she'd flip out (he was in there before, I wasn't) and so he left the room. I stayed with her and she was fine - smiled at me the entire time. She did well though and slept off the meds when we got home with a nice 3 hour nap!

Here are a few pics that we took of her at the hospital.

*** Update to this, we saw Dr. Tammi the week before Christmas when we took the girls in to have them checked (just a cold and minor ear infection for Hailey) but she asked if we got the results and we talked a little abou it. She said since Dr. Wilcox, the Urologist is gone, they'll just call and arrange for us to have an appointment with whoever took over his patients, so they can look at the results more detailed and decide what to do, but we both said it will probably be another follow up VCUG in a year and just watch her... she'll probably grow out of it. Again, not what I wanted to hear - I was really hoping it would be GONE since she hasn't had any "problems" that we could see but who knows... ***

Nana reading to the girls, while we waited to be called back...

Such big girls!

Look how cute Caitlin looks with her sissy...

Hailey didn't want me to take her picture...

Daddy holding Caitlin after she FINALLY was able to fall asleep for a nap...

Mommy holding sweet girl after she got her drugs, waiting to be taken back...

She was OUT!




0 comments: