Man, this update couldn't come at a WORSE time -- I am sitting her in the nice WARM house trying to catch up on blogs with a fan blowing on me... you see, we woke up today and thought it would be any other normal day until Jeff went to go leave around 3pm for a job...I heard the garage door start to go down and then heard a bang and it go back up, I figured something fell and blocked it from going down but NOPE -- our garage door FELL OFF!! How does that happen? I mean, really - a freak accident???? So Jeff came back and tried to fix it but turns out it was something else and made it worse and hang off more!! His friend Brian came over to help see if they could put it back up on the tracks but by the time they were done trying, it was ALL the way off the tracks! Sooooooo Jeff came in and started to make phone calls, found 1 company that could do it for $99-129 but couldn't come out till 11-1 the next day! WHAT? I can't leave my garage door open all night!! Next person...they wanted like $250!! Are you crazy!! So after crying a little and talking to Jeff, we decided it would be fine to stay off for the night and called the first guy back, so he'll be here to fix it tomorrow (Wed) and HOPEFULLY it is still within his price quote and something easy for him to do.
So then...we are inside and trying to cool off some and I notice the house was hot, with the A/C on so I checked (Jeff has a thermometer in the vent in our living room) and yup - it was blowing 85 degrees!! ARGH!!!!! You see, when I went to bed on Sat night (around 2am - yes this is typical for me when I am up painting), the house felt warm...turned the air down and noticed it was blowing hot. Woke up Jeff and he went outside and sure enough, the unit wasn't working. So... called the home warranty people and of course get a stupid company that has full mailboxes and said they'd call us on Monday morning. I told Jeff - don't worry about it, lets go to bed and you can call them tomorrow to have someone else come out. We woke up around 7:30 for church FREEZING!!! Some how the air came back on in the night. Well it has YET to come back on tonight!!! I think it is officially broke...and the best part of the story - we called the home warranty people tonight (of course it was about 6:30) and they were gonna have someone come out, they never called so when we called them - no one answered. Jeff called the warranty people back to have them send someone else out and was informed, they never submitted it as an emergency! Then come to find out - it can't be submitted as an emergency! How the hell can it not be?? Oh because we do not have a child under the age of 1 and it wasn't over 100 degrees outside. I'm sorry - I have a child that is 19mths and a 3yr old - yeah, I'd call that an emergency. So after being VERY VERY VERY stressed and crying my eyes out ----- we wait for tomorrow to find out when they'll be out to fix it!! THANKFULLY Jeff had gotten a window A/C unit awhile back so when he works in the garage so he brought that in and put it in our fireplace, it cooled off the living room some. But then we got to thinking about the sleeping arrangements, we couldn't leave and go stay somewhere else because our wonderful garage door is hanging off...so he put it in our bedroom, borrowed the play pen from Shawna for Caitlin and Hailey is in bed with us...and the bedroom feels GREAT!!! Thankfully!!! NOW if only they can hurry up & get out here tomorrow and REPLACE this 32 year old A/C unit that would be great!! This is now the 4th time they've come out to "fix" the A/C...surely it is a sign they'll replace it? Right? Ha, probably not - we've talked to some people that have said warranty companies like to replace every part known to man before actually doing a complete replacement. *Fingers crossed* that is not the case with us...
Soo...on another note... the girls are doing well. We went to the doc for Hailey's follow up ear check on Friday and now BOTH girls have an ear infection! Hailey's right ear was looking better but her left was now bad and Caitlin who was clear has double ear infections with one being worse then the other... WHAT the heck!!! So they both got a 3 day dose of antibiotics and go back next week when Doc Tammi is back in the office (she is out this week). Although I'm wondering if I should take them in this week... Hailey was complaining of her ear tonight and I've seen them both tugging at theirs...so I'm thinking they aren't gone :(
We are also sooooo excited that it is summer!!!!! Shawna & the girls get out this week and we plan on having A LOT of fun this summer!!! Swimming, movies, etc! I can't wait!!!
We'll keep everyone posted on our wonderful adventures!!!!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Quick Update
Posted by Nicole at 2:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment