We had pre-op today... she did really well. Met with Dr. Barcelo first then went down for pre-op and the photos they take (of her ear). She had pre-op which was lots of questions and they took a little blood. They did it in a vain in her arm and she didn't cry AT ALL! We were shocked. She always cries with any shot or poke of a needle but it didn't even phase her.
Surgery is scheduled for 10:30am on Wed 7/23. We have to be there at 9am and she can not have anything to eat or drink after 4am, so I'll nurse her like I always do when she goes to bed and I think Jeff will wake her up at like 3:30 and give her a bottle and then she can have apple juice or water in the morning BEFORE 8am. It will be a simple procedure, it will take them longer to prep her then to do the actual procedure! But of course being a Mommy, I'm nervous... I think mostly because she has to be put under. They'll give her gas and then do the IV which kind of made me feel better, I don't want to have to hold her down while they do an IV but this way I won't be with her at all... they'll take her back and do all that without us. Should take an hour from start to finish and they expect us to be leaving by 1pm, assuming nothing goes wrong which I don't see happening.
Please remember to pray for her though for things to go smoothly and quick healing. They said it's pretty quick healing time, it SHOULD feel like any kid feels when they fall down or something the 1st day and not feel much more after that... so we'll see!
She goes to see Dr. Tammi tomorrow for her 9 month check up and physical for the surgery... be sure to check back as I'll be posting an update on how she is doing!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Caitlin's Surgery
Posted by Nicole at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Good luck! I remember Sawyer's 1st surgery - SOOO SCARY! The prepping did take longer than the actual procedure, and don't be alarmed if she's really out of it when you finally get to see her again. It took Sawyer quite awhile to come out of the drugs...she'll do great, though, and you'll be ok, too. It's hard being a momma sometimes!!!
Post a Comment