Thursday, July 3, 2008

Skating Adventure!!

Shawna called today and said she was gonna take the girls (Mal and Mo) ice skating and asked if we (The girls & I) wanted to go...I had mentioned to her that I thought maybe I'd want to take Hailey sometime this summer and see if she can do it. Well after talking about how great I am on ice skates, we decided to try roller skating first instead of ice... haha! So we went to lunch and went skating... let me just say, I haven't been roller skating since I think my senior year but I used to skate ALL the time back in the day and was pretty good. Well that was many years ago and a body before children! HAHA!! I did okay actually but wasn't THAT great, I did not fall though!!! The girls (Mal & Mo) fell quite a few times but I honestly think they fell mostly because of other people coming in from of them and they weren't able to move quick enough around people. It really seemed like a maze going around the rink. Of course because it's summer time we had to pick a day that the boys & girls club went, coming in on 3 buses!! ALL in their bright green neon shirts. It was crazy!!! Of course a lot of them being young (maybe 5) and falling left and right! And the "older" kids that didn't seem to care about others and just skating in front of whoever and whenever... Hailey did really good herself. Of course the smallest pair of skates they had were an 8 (she wears a 5 or 6 shoe) but they worked for her. She went a little with me on the rink and we actually did make it around ONCE but she mostly stayed with Shawna and sissy (Caitlin) and Shawna (she didn't skate) helped her around the food court area since she was in regular shoes and it was a lot easier for her then me! Morgan I think had a lot of fun though because I was able to skate with her a lot... It was a lot of fun but I will admit that I personally will NOT be going back anytime soon! I don't think Hailey is quite old enough yet but over all I think she had fun and did pretty good for it being her 1st time skating!

Here are LOTS of pics!! Enjoy! :)


This is such a great pic of us! I wish we had Mal & Caitlin in it!

Quick shot of Mal & Mo

Caitlin being cool in her sisters shades :)

Hailey showing her teeth! :)

Hailey & Mommy... to bad she looked away!

Mal!

Mo!

Hailey's first time on the skates...

She had soo much fun!

First thing out of her mouth when we walked in...
"WOW Mommy!!!!"

All by herself!!!

All by herself going to Nah-Nah

Catching her balance...

Every time she almost fell, she cracked up laughing!

Trying to go by herself...


Talking to Mal...

Look at her go!

Morgan & I

Bad pic... don't know if it was because we were moving but Mo & I skating






0 comments: