Monday, November 12, 2007

RIP Grandma Bonvillian

I told a few people but Friday, November 9th my Grandma Bonvillian (my step-dad's Mom) passed away. She suffered a short illness lately and has been "slipping" for the last few months. My parents had plans to go up there this weekend (to visit) but got a call Thurs night from my Aunt Cathy saying they needed to come for sure and that my Grandma wanted to talk to my Dad. Aunt Cathy tried to get my Dad to tell her it's okay to move on, we all understand. He couldn't bring himself to do it. She woke up on Friday morning and was fine, blood pressure was LOW but had a strong pulse, but passed away shortly after. She died peaceful and in no pain.
My parents went this weekend and they had a memorial at her house Sun evening (for anyone to come by and pay their respects) and then did a graveside service this morning at 11am. I didn't get to go and was really upset about it but my Mom said it was such short notice and with the new baby and Hailey, that Grandma knew I wanted to be there and knew I loved her.
I kick myself for not finding the time in the last year to go see her. I wanted to take Hailey to see her when she was born and just haven't, then I had said I wanted to go once Caitlin was born... but I know I can't think like that.

0 comments: