Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Update on my girls

Caitlin FINALLY went to the doc this morning. We went to a doctor here in GP, Dr. Toni Capino. She has been in practice for 29 yrs I think she said, and boy is she "old fashioned". She actually told us because winter is coming up, she doesn't want us to leave the house for the 1st 2 months! "No church or grocery store, family can come visit you" is what she said. Jeff and I looked at each other and smiled and later laughed about it... there is NO way we could NOT go out with errands, church, Sun lunch, etc! LOL! Her way of doing things isn't really what I like but she did have a good personality so for being a temporary doctor, she isn't bad.
We are supposed to go back and see her at 2 months but I'm actually going to call Dr. Williams, we can go see her at 3 months (when the medicaid switches over) so I don't know if I am going to hold off on the 2 month appt and shots till we can actually see Dr. Williams.
She is 9 lbs 1 oz and 21 1/4 inches so she is growing... she also got her 2nd hepatitis shot today in the leg. She cried at first but once I was able to pick her up she has seemed fine since.
She said she looks great and referred us to a ENT for her little skin tag. That is also something I'd like to talk to Dr. Williams about before doing it because Dr. Capino said they would most likely put her to sleep to do it! WHAT!! My little baby, no way!! Of course I don't want her to be in pain while they do it but the DR at the hospital and everyone else I've talked to has said they can just tie it off and it will fall off on it's own... so I guess we'll see what we decide after I talk with Dr. Williams and an ENT.

Hailey seems to have her little croup back... she is on meds today and has napped a lot. We ran errands after the appt today and she slept most the time (so did Caitlin for that matter). Caitlin seems better though, still has the snotty nose but doesn't really have the cough or anything like that anymore.

So... both my girls are doing well, growing like tumble weeds. Hailey has started to REALLY want to "help" with Caitlin. She wants to hold her a lot lately and is always trying to give her pacifier to her when she cries and I know this is going to sound scary (don't worry though!) she has been wanting to lay on her!! When we have Caitlin laying on the floor, Hailey has been going up and trying to lay on top of her. Not sure why or where she learned that from but thankfully we've been around every time so we don't give her a chance to do it and have told her that's a no no because she is bigger then baby.

0 comments: