As hard as this is to believe, when I was pregnant I was soooo scared that Caitlin would be born and I would just run out of love and time for Hailey. I honestly never thought I could love someone as much as I love Hailey and how much one little person could make me laugh (even when I'm soo bad at her for being a poot). BUT, with Caitlin here it hasn't changed any of my feelings for Hailey- if anything I think I love her MORE (if that is even possible) because I get to see her in a new light. A big sister! She is soo great at it too. I was worried that she wouldn't understand a lot since she really isn't THAT old, but I think she realizes that Caitlin is "baby" and she has to be gentle with her and "take care of her" (ie: give her pacifier to her when she is crying, scream MOMMA when she hears Caitlin cry, etc).
I noticed when Hailey came to see my in the hospital the first time after Caitlin was born that I only had to tell her "Mommy has an owie" and point to my belly once and she knew when she was sitting on my lap or around me from that point forward (to this day actually) that she has to be careful with my belly and always says "owe" when touching it... It didn't dawn on me though that she doesn't point to my belly and kiss it anymore as she is kissing the "baby" like she did when I was pregnant. It's like she put 2 and 2 together without us telling her that Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly anymore. Smart girl (if you ask me).
She is growing up soooo much too!
We have been doing the potty training thing a little over the last few months (as I've mentioned before). She has used the big girl potty but we are not pushing it and she is still in diapers. Mostly because she can still wear a size TWO and pull ups won't fit her. (I know I have a tiny baby)... but recently she started the bringing us a diaper when she was weat or poopy, and now it's become I'm going to take my diaper off (even if it's poopy) and BRING it to Mommy or Daddy (NOT FUN!) so instead of fighting her and trying to teach her (really I think it goes in one ear and out the other) to NOT take her diaper off, we just let her keep it off (when we're at home of course). So after she went without a diaper tonight for about an hour, I was telling Jeff I wonder if she'll come to us when she has to pee or what she'll do and let's just hope that she doesn't have to poop. Well, she came in the living room (from the bedroom) saying MOMMA (she likes to yell that now, I LOVE it but that's besides the point) so we thought she wanted her movie on. Turned it on and nope, that wasn't it. Shortly later we hear MOMMA again and she is on the toilet! So I went in thinking she needed help down or something (even though she can do it herself) and as I went to flush, there was POOP in the toilet. My BIG GIRL had gone poop in the big girl potty ALL ON HER OWN. That's a huge milestone!!! :) Soooo, hopefully it's just a sign of her potty training adventure that hopefully will go smoothly and easily!!!
Besides the potty training-- she seems to be spitting out new words left and right. She can now say juice. She came to me in the kitchen the other day and I figured she wanted milk. I said "do you want some more milk, show me more" (she knows "more" in sign language) and she said "juice". WHAT, you can say juice? I said "juice?" to see if she would say it again (that's usually the true test when she says a new word... if she'll say it more then once). And sure enough, "juice". How awesome is that! I just love to watch the new things she learns.
So for her vocabulary now she can say: (new words)
Juice
Airplane
Happy Birthday (which is soooo cute to hear her say it, she started saying that the night we came home from Jeffs parents after our b-days, I guess hearing everyone say it that afternoon she picked up on it)
MOMMA (and it's a yelling sound usually) but she does it more then Daddy now! :)
MOM (you have to ask her to say that one though)
DAD (again, have to ask her to say it)
Papa (I think I've told everyone that one though)
And the list of other words she has been able to say (are in a previous blog). Oh, and Daddy taught her how to sign "milk" too. She doesn't do it as much as she does "more" though.
Anyway-- I just wanted to rant and rave about her for a bit. I hate that she is growing up. I wish she could stay my tiny baby forever but at the same time I love to watch her grow. It's fun to see her learn and do new things!
On a Caitlin note: She is doing great! Becoming more alert and awake now... she smiled for the 1st time on Thanksgiving. Still nursing WONDERFULLY and sleeping pretty good through the night.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
All about my Hailey Bailey...
Posted by Nicole at 11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment