Saturday, November 3, 2007

FINALLY an update!

Things have been going good since we've been home...

Hailey is doing good with Caitlin, only have had a few times where she thinks she is a baby doll but thankfully someone was around them and she wasn't able to treat her like a baby doll. :) She LOVES to give her kisses and when she cries always is trying to give her her pacifier. But for the most part, I don't think Caitlin has changed Hailey's life much- she still just plays by herself and does her own thing. Really only pays attention to Caitlin if she makes a noise and "reminds" her she is here or one of us is holding her. Hailey is also learning to say LOTS of new words now... she is like a little parrot. Here is a list of words she can say (starting with the newer ones: Fish, Papa, Sissy, Oh darn (don't ask), Dada, Dog, Mama, and lots more that I'm drawing a blank on now. LOL! She can also do her "more" in sign language, Daddy taught her that awhile back and she does it ALL the time now. She loves to make up her own words and for the most part, I think she knows what she is saying. A lot of the time they actually sound 1/2 way like the word we're trying to get her to say.

Caitlin is doing great! She is a good baby, does use her voice more then Hailey did but she is nothing like some babies I know can be. She cries but for good reason (she hates having her diaper changed) and when you undress her, and of course when she is hungry or needs a diaper change or just when she wants to be held and loved. She is sleeping pretty good, really sleeps almost all day it seems like but still sleeps at night (Thank Goodness). Depends on the night, sometimes she'll actually get up every 2 hours to eat but for the most part it's every 3-4 hours that she wakes up. She does LOVE to be held though... which is a good and bad thing. I am trying not to spoil her and always hold her (especially when she is sleeping) because I don't want her to think she has to be held in order to sleep... but at the same time, it's soooo hard not to spoil and want to hold her 24/7. :) I can't believe she'll be 2 weeks on Monday. It's amazing how fast the time is flying!! She is showing all the signs of "advancement" that Hailey had... Holding her head up really well, and she is sooo strong! I feel like I'm going to break her arms when I have to move them to feed her-- she locks them so strong. She loves to just sit and stare at you too, which I just love.

I'm recovering well... really shocked at how well. I still have my bad days when I *think* I'm doing so good and will be up cleaning and doing things that I should probably let Jeff take care of because then later that night I'm dying and needing to take a pain pill but for the most part, I'm not to bad. I am trying to get naps in when the girls are sleeping... for the most part, I've been able to get Caitlin to nap when Hailey takes her nap but of course that's when I can think of a million things I need to do and get done while they sleep.

Anyway, I just thought I'd finally post an update. For the most part everyone probably knows all this from talking to me or Jeff.

Oh on another quick note, Jeff and I celebrate our 2 year Wedding Anniversary on Nov 11th! How exciting! :)

0 comments: