Let me just say... I am not one to really talk about our finances and things to people... I guess no one really is, they don't really just talk about that kind of stuff. I'm sure a lot of people have thought we're more "better off" then we really are and for the most part, that's probably right.
With that being said...
First, We have been behind on our house payments since well - pretty much since maybe 6 months after Jeff got laid off at Siemens (Oct 2006)... we have come close at times to "being foreclosed" on so to speak but we have ALWAYS made at least ONE payment (to our big loan, we have a 80/20) and so we've always been good... minus the annoying phone calls and Jeff's credit going down the drain. Anyway, we just now finally are able to do a loan modification on BOTH our loans... so our small (20) loan has dropped in HALF (which is NICE) because I had let it slip behind, mostly because I was so focused on getting the big loan (80) always paid on time and other bills... well by doing the loan mod. it brings the account CURRENT! We got word today that our big loan (80) has been approved as well (just waiting on the dumb butts to get their stuff together and send the paperwork) and it will drop $200 or so, which is not as much as I'd like it to be but it's better then what it was (esp. since the small loan has dropped). That is such a WEIGHT off our backs... I can't even begin to express how much I am so thankful for this. We are going to be CURRENT and can stay that way! Oh, it's wonderful.
Second, Most know I have paid my car off - we paid it off with our income tax check. I know Jeff probably would rather of not since I only owed like 6 payments ($1200 or so) but the way I saw it, we were falling behind on it (this was before we got the loan mods) and I just wanted that stress removed... so I am so glad it's paid off. Now we are going to be getting a new VAN (hopefully!). I am still in the works of calling my Grandpa (in Illinois, who owns a car lot - however isn't really an "active" business owner anymore) and seeing if he can help me get ANOTHER loan (which I'm dreading but I know it's the only way) with the bank up there and either having them give me the loan and allow me to get a car down here or having him find me a car up there and we'll have to go up there and drive it home but with the way flying is right now, I dread the fact of having to buy 3 plane tickets... I don't mind the drive home, I did it before with my Mom when I bought my old car... granted it wasn't with 2 small children but I actually wouldn't mind going up to Illinois and seeing family. We'll see... cross our fingers that my Grandpa can help me and we can get into a van. My car is nice but we really need something bigger. Since Caitlin was born, we haven't been able to take ALL the girls places - which really stinks. It's HOT HOT HOT in my car (it's navy, no tinted windows and in Texas). And it's falling apart... better to sell now then wait til it's not sell able. You know?
Thirdly, I just ran a report... like I do every month to tell Jeff how much business was and I already knew the last few months have been really good - since he started advertising on Google AdWords, well I guess I didn't realize it was THIS good. I ran LAST years report and then ran just from Jan - Today (June) and we are about $5000 short of overcoming what we made last year TOTAL. How freaking amazing is that?!?!? No wonder I haven't been as stressed - being able to pay all the bills on time, etc! Let's just hope it stays this way!
Also MY business has been picking up... I've been posting my things on eBay for awhile now and really hadn't gotten a big response but kept reposting them and knew that MY day would come... and it has. I've been sooo busy the last few weeks. It's actually slowed down some the last week, but I still have outstanding orders so it's still busy for me. It's nice - it's nice that I'm able to bring some money in and still be doing something that I can stay at home to do and like doing! I'll be making LOTS of changes to my website so check back but if you haven't looked at it in awhile: www.CustomKidsDecor.com
And lastly (this is really for Shawna), I know we have fallen behind on child support, so if Shawna is reading this - I know! I hope you know that we know and you've been WONDERFUL about it. *I* can't thank you enough because it is a huge stress on me. We WILL catch up and soon! Now that things are FINALLY falling into place, things can go "right" from now on (I HOPE!)...
Anyway - I just feel like we've been very blessed the last few months... It's been a rough last 2 years, A LOT of times of thinking maybe it would be best if Jeff got a full-time job "regular" job and MANY MANY times of people telling us that -- it seems like it's been working, I'm SO Blessed that my husband can provide for his family AND be home to watch his daughters grow up and help me! I really am spoiled to be able to stay home with my amazing children and watch them grow up AND have my husband here to help so much!!!! God is Good. He really is. I thank him DAILY for all my BLESSINGS!
Ok - I'm going to bed now... just needed to vent ;-)
Friday, June 6, 2008
God has really Blessed us!
Posted by Nicole at 1:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment