I guess because it took me 2 days to find the time to complete the "Update" blog I posted yesterday, I forgot to mention something...
The nurse called from Dr. Tammi's office yesterday afternoon and said that when Caitlin was in for her 6 month check up, they tested her iron level and they got it back and it's low... so Dr. Tammi wants to put her on Iron supplement. I asked her why iron would be low and she said it could be a number of things, especially since she is breastfed and is not getting everything that formula had in it. Well, part of that makes sense but at the same time - I thought breast milk is best? How is everything that formula has in it, best? And not to mention, she still gets formula (has since she was 4 months) in her cereal and I'm sure there is iron in her baby food, isn't there? Or at least most of what "stuff" is in formula... I also asked because I had my iron tested recently and they said mine was low (didn't tell me how much, or seemed concerned with it) so I didn't think anything of it... but she said that could be a reason too since mine is low and she is breastfeeding.
Sooo, she'll be on iron supplements till her 9 month check up (in roughly 2 months) and we'll recheck her iron level then.
Poor little thing... she seems to have had everything "go wrong" and she is not even a year yet! With her acid reflux, to kidney reflux, to all the testing in between... don't get me wrong - I am VERY thankful that she is not worse off and having more invasive horrible test done but still, it's hard on a Mommy.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
How could I forget?
Posted by Nicole at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment