Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hailey & her new puppy



Jeff sent this out to people he has on his email list- so some of you may be seeing it twice...

Anyway, Jeff was feeding the puppy last night (with Hailey's help).
*Please note, the puppy was eating her food, Hailey was just sticking her nose & chin in the CLEAN water!*

I didn't see it happen, Jeff took the pic and emailed me with everyone else... I cracked up!

Hailey is doing pretty good with the puppy... most the time she forgets that she is here but when she does notice her, she wants to pick her up and hold her close. She keeps wanting to put her over her shoulder (like your holding a baby). She hasn't really dropped her or anything like that, just wants to handle her... which we have to watch out for.

On another note of this puppy-- we are kennel training. I've never done it. I've only had dogs that were ALREADY kennel trained. It's NOT fun!!! I feel sooo bad for her because she whines SOOOOOOOOO loud! I didn't think a dog that size could make a noise like that but she can. Jeff and I are torn about if we should kennel train her only when we leave the house and just let her sleep with us (so we can get some sleep too!) but then part of me wants to just stick with putting her in the kennel at night, give her a few weeks and she'll stop and not whine anymore. Right? Oh, I hope so!! I know when Caitlin gets here, we can't have a dog whining the way she does in her kennel...but I can't have a puppy sleeping in bed with me either! LOL!

Just thought I'd share for those that didn't get Jeff's email. Enjoy! :)


2 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

I'm definitely big on crate training. Both Gracie and Lexie are crate trained so they sleep in there and stay there when we are gone so we don't have to worry about them. They actually hang out in their crates a lot during the day with the door open. They learn to love their "room". When it's time to leave I say "Go to your room." and they actually go and sit down. Maybe you can have her trained before Caitlin gets here. I don't think it took Lexie too long when she was a puppy. Gracie took a little longer because she was older and had pound flashbacks. :-(