Sunday, October 21, 2007

No Caitlin yet...

Figured I'd send an update of this weekend. No Caitlin yet, but I think it will be soon.

I started having contractions last night, nothing major- we started timing them around 8:45 and they were every 15-25mins or so. Even today, they have been even further apart. BUT, at least I'm having them... so I think it's my bodies way of saying "I'm getting ready!".

I think we've decided (well really I have decided, Jeff just goes along with my wishes) that I'll call my doc in the AM and let him know that I don't want to do the c-section tomorrow afternoon. I will go into his office (or to L&D if he wants me to) to monitor Caitlin more and of course have him check me to see if I've changed from Friday but I want to hold off on the c-section till hopefully next Friday (the 26th). Few reasons for that: #1- I think my body is finally trying to do something and if Caitlin (and I) are fine, why should I rush into the c/s tomorrow night. And #2- It would be best if I DID have a c/s if it fell on or closer to the weekend, then the beginning of a work week (for others). I know Mike & Cindy will be watching Hailey for us and Shawna has offered but it would be a lot easier on Shawna if it was on the weekend... Although I know my doc will say the weekend staff at the hospital won't be as good as it is during the week, the way I see it is they are going to take care of me regardless if it's a weekend or weekday.

So... I'll send an update out after I speak with him tomorrow. For all we know, I may wake up tonight and be in labor! Ha, couldn't be so lucky!! :)

0 comments: