Took both the girls to see Dr. Tammi today...
Hailey now has double ear infections and was put on antibiotics... Dr. Tammi said that since the cold SHOULD of gone away on it's own after 4-5 days, and didn't the bacteria that builds up is what most likely caused the ear infections since her ears looked good when we there on Mon. So hopefully the antibiotics will clear this all out and it will finally go away!! :)
We weighed Caitlin while we were there, I figured they wouldn't mind (I didn't take her to see Dr. Capino this morning since she wasn't going to do anything but a weight check anyway- I called yesterday and she doesn't just put the baby on medicine for acid reflux, she'd do a upper GI to fully confirm it, which if anyone knows- it's very invasive and just to me uncalled for when meds can be given and see if it goes away, thankfully Dr. Tammi agrees- plus I think it's easier for Dr. Tammi to "assume" it is acid reflux since she knows our family history and so on). Anyway, the good news-- She has gained weight!!!! She weighed 9lbs 10oz WITH clothes and the nurse said clothes are probably 2 oz... so she has roughly gained 6 oz's since we had her 2 month appt 9 days ago. Soooo hopefully that means my vitamins and feedings have been helping and will continue to make her gain more weight!!! We also got some sample prevacid from Dr. Tammi to treat her for acid reflux. After running all the symptoms by her, she thinks that is also a causing factor to her not gaining weight before. Said to give it a week and we should notice a difference, really might even notice a difference in a day or two. Said she may still spit up but she should be less fussy. Let's hope!!
I'm just soooo happy she has gained weight!! I was so worried that she hasn't, but yet I felt like she has at the same time. So it's nice to know now that she has!
Oh-- and she has now moved up to 3-6 month sleepers! She was in the 0-3 months before and can still fit into them but you can tell her little feet are running out of room, so she has graduated to a bigger size! :-D
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Friday, January 4, 2008
Another girls update :)
Posted by Nicole at 5:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment