Thursday, January 10, 2008

Clarification

Okay, after getting A LOT of responses on my blog last night... I thought I'd clear a few things up.

First off, do not think I am mad at anyone for their feedback. I understand and agree with pretty much everyone :)

Second off, I do not want anyone to think I am not taking Caitlin's health serious. I do. She is my pride and joy (just like Hailey) and I don't want anything to ever happen to either of them...

Thirdly, for those that are saying RSV is a serious virus, I know. I also know not to take Caitlin out and about in the cold weather... or to have her around other children. I do not see anything in the next few weeks, that would make us be around others to begin with.

But besides that, I do not believe she has it. I don't think Dr. Capino thought she has it, she is just a very "do it by the book" Doctor. Huge example, she wanted to do a upper GI on Caitlin before even discussing any meds for acid reflux... ANY other DR (including Dr. Tammi and several of my friends have said their DR) would try the meds before doing such an invasive procedure like an upper GI on a 2 month old. If they are showing all the right signs, the chance of an Upper GI actually being needed- is none.

Now... A LARGE part of why we didn't go do the test yesterday is because it seems like Dr. Capino just wants to cover her butt, she doesn't want to do the test because she is actually worried she might have it. I understand that with a small common cold, it can turn VERY serious quickly with someone Caitlin's age... but it didn't seem like that when she was talking about her.

So... since I can't take Caitlin to Dr. Tammi yet. We are going to go in tomorrow for a follow up for Hailey. Partly because I want to have a chance to talk to her about Caitlin but a large part because I am scared Hailey is not getting over all her junk, maybe because she is getting it back from Caitlin, I don't know. She showed NO signs of an ear infection (which threw us off when Dr. Tammi said she had 2 on Friday) but the last week she has been tugging at her ears a lot and her nose is starting up again... I want to make sure her antibiotics are working and getting rid of it, especially as we come up on the weekend and who knows if she got worse, if we'd be able to get her in to see Dr. Tammi first thing on Monday. So I figured I'd play it safe and just have her check her out- she is supposed to be done with her antibiotics on Sunday.

So, while we are there for Hailey, I plan to see if Dr. Tammi can talk to me about Caitlin. I'm sure she will- she's been great about it so far and doesn't seem to mind, especially since she knows she'll be her patient for good in a few weeks (can't get here soon enough!). If she says she would probably do the test, we'll call Dr. Capino and see about going to do the RSV test tomorrow. But I want to see what Dr. Tammi says, I guess it sounds bad but I trust her opinion MUCH more then I do Dr. Capino...

For the most part though, Caitlin doesn't seem THAT bad. She seems a lot better after we suck her nose out, but still has the cough and horse cry but I don't think she is getting WORSE. She hasn't been running fever either, thankfully.

So- we'll update everyone tomorrow after we know more. Thanks for all the feedback and concerns though, makes us feel good that so many care and love for Caitlin so much :)

0 comments: