Okay, so we went and saw Dr. Tammi today... reminded me of how much I just LOVE her and how good of a DR she is... :)
Hailey's ears are not getting any better, the right one mainly. So she is putting her on a different antibiotic (3 day dose). She originally gave her the one before (10 day dose) because she was on it before when augmentin didn't work (back in the summer when she had the ear infections that didn't want to go away)... so I think she thought this one would, but I don't think it's strong enough. Said if she is not feeling better by Mon/Tues, to bring her back in. Hopefully they will go away and she'll be fine!
We mentioned to her that we thought that maybe Caitlin was giving it back to Hailey... since Hailey gave it to Caitlin. Told her that the quack DR said we should take Caitlin for a RSV test and she looked at us with the most priceless facial expression and said "why?"... said she is not showing ANY signs of RSV and doesn't understand why she would order that kind of a test. She went over with us (better I might add and made more sense then Dr. Capino did) the symptoms, problems that can come with it and everything that goes with RSV. She actually looked in her ears (they are still perfect) and listened to her chest and said she sounds great. Said even if she had RSV (which she is showing NO signs of) there is nothing more that we could do for her other then what we are already doing (sucking her nose out with saline drops, rubbing her down with VICKS or using the humidifier) and just keeping a good eye on her, which we are already doing :)
I for one already (and Jeff) knew she didn't have RSV (Guess it's mothers intuition) but it is nice to hear from a DR that she does not think she has it and says she just has to run the course of this cold. Since she is only 2 months old she can't really have any meds, all we can do is what I mentioned above... she can have Tylenol or Motrin.
So... I hope this puts everyone at ease... Caitlin is fine, just has to get over the cold she has and hopefully Hailey will be able to get rid of the ear infections with her new meds.
I *think* I covered everything... if I didn't, I'm sure when Jeff has a chance to read it- he'll tell me and I can update it later. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend! GO COWBOYS!!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Dr. Tammi is the BEST!!
Posted by Nicole at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Glad to hear all is well. Dr. Williams is awesome for seeing Caitlin even though she technically isn't her patient yet. Not all Dr.'s are willing to do that.
Post a Comment