I feel like LOTS have been going on...
Last week we dealt with the girls having runny noses and junk in their throats, took them to see Dr. Tammi (as I think I posted in my previous blog, to rule out ear infections). Hailey wasn't that bad - just the runny nose with a small cough but Caitlin seemed to have it the worse, she didn't hold any food down (thankfully she held fluids down though) Wed afternoon through Thurs morning... She "threw up" her lunch Wed and then again that night in BED (NOT FUN to clean up!!!) and then breakfast on Thurs, so we stuck to strictly nursing (and she did have 2 bottles of formula, but they were small supplements of like 2oz) and we went back to see Dr. Tammi on Friday. I knew it was all the junk in her throat that she was getting gagged on and it made her "throw up" her food but we wanted to be safer then sorry going into a 3-day holiday weekend. She went ahead and tested her urine, to make sure it wasn't a UTI since it showed SOME symptoms of it and she has a history of them. Poor baby did so good with getting the catheter again - you'd think I'd be okay with it and it wouldn't be THAT hard to watch anymore but it kills me, thankfully her urine was GOOD and showed no signs of anything. Of course though the day we take her to the doc is when she seemed to start feeling better... she was able to hold down a little cereal Fri afternoon, and food that evening and has seemed fine every since. Thankfully!! Hailey's nose is still kind of running but it's not that bad either.
Caitlin is now officially CRAWLING!!!! She has been doing a half crawl thing (not really the army crawl) and making her way around but she really started Sat evening doing some real crawling. Yah!!! It's sooo cute to watch her, if you're sitting on the couch and she sees you, she'll crawl over to you now and sit up and like hold her hands out, it's cute!
I'd like to say that Hailey is about 95% potty trained. The last 5 days now she has ONLY been in big girl panties (while we've gone out and at home) and done really well. She HAD only been wearing them at home but we've been doing a diaper when we're out and at bedtime but I figured she is not going to fully potty train till we take the chance and just make her wear them all the time. She started on Sun night with big girl panties at BEDTIME and has done really well. YAH!!! She does still like to try and put a diaper on if she gets her hands on one, so we just have to make sure they are all UP and out of her reach.
Well, I guess that's it for now... was thinking there was more to say!
Hope everyone had a great 3-day weekend. Enjoy the pics!
(Notice Hailey's lips in this pic)



0 comments:
Post a Comment