Monday, May 5, 2008

Alex is here!!

Alexander (ALEX) Stephen Green was born 5/5/08 @ 10:00 am via C-Section 4 weeks and 2 days early, he was 7lbs 9oz 18in. He is in the NICU and expected to be in there for 5days to 3weeks, he is having breathing problems but doing good. His heart rate and blood pressure were elevated but are stable now. Pics are posted, you'll probably notice bruising on his face and eyes which is most likely from him being so low. Doctor said if he would of been full-term he would of probably been 10-11lbs!! To me he looks A LOT like Austin when he was born, has the same cone shape in his head that will most likely go away in the next few days (like it did with Austin) and so will the bruising. Stacy is doing good, in lots of pain but that is expected.

In the NICU the parents & grand-parents are allowed to see them as many times as they want but they are only allowed 4 "other" visitors a day... so I was EXCITED they allowed me to be one of the extra visitors that could see him. I took some pics, the flash is off - I didn't know I was allowed to use it at first.

He was so big he doesn't fit in the incubator!




Proud Daddy & Alex

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, did she have diabetes? That would also go along with the more premature lungs. I was suprised he was intubated. Feel free to ask me any questions!