Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Stacy Update

She had her sonogram done again on Wed and fluid looked great, they did a test that can tell them if she's likely to deliver pre-term and it came back positive so she was told she is there till the baby comes. The specialist said he usually delivers at 34-34 1/2 weeks but he didn't realize she was a c-section last time, so they won't induce. Her doc won't let her go past 37 weeks (from what the nurses have told her). She did talk to her doc today and they agreed to retest her in 2 weeks and they'll also do a sonogram every week (probably Wed) and will see where they stand then. She told her that if the fluid is good and the test comes back negative there is a CHANCE (I doubt though) that she will be able to go home. When all that happens she'll be 34 weeks (that Wed, in two weeks) so I guess we'll see what happens. Her doc did say that she will do what the specialist recommends so there is a good chance that she'll be having Alex in two weeks... Since she is attempting a VBAC if possible, they will only let her "try" if she is "favorable" (Ha, don't you love that word!) but if she isn't at that point, they'll proceed with a c-section. She asked the doc if everything is going good, why they would delivery so early and she said they want to delivery when baby is healthy and before infection can happen, instead of waiting till it's to late. Kind of how Dr. Gorski was with me - my fluid was "ok" so it was one of those, why wait if we can go ahead and take her when she is still healthy.

She is very very very anxious and annoyed... she knows it's best for the baby to be there but of course has cabin fever by now and just wants to go home! Wants out of the bed... she is able to have a wheel chair walk for 20mins a day, which is nice and allows her to get out of the room awhile.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers!! Pray for her sanity and for the delivery of a healthy baby!!

0 comments: