Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My baby is 6 months old

Okay, this is going to be a "Mommy blog"... so excuse me now :)

I can't believe Caitlin is already 6 months old! I'm so sad :( I really don't remember Hailey growing up this fast! It seemed like her first year took soo long to pass by... I guess it really is hard to take in every single moment like I could with Hailey when I have a toddler to chase after now too! :)

I am so proud of myself for breastfeeding this long. I know it's been a rough road here and there but we've done it, we're going strong and I hope to be able to keep it up till a year!! It's a GREAT feeling for ME because that was a "goal" I had set for myself. I didn't "regret" ending at 4 weeks with Hailey but I did regret that I didn't educate myself and didn't stop for the right reasons so to speak. If that makes sense at all... With Caitlin, I really wanted to nurse her right away (after having her) and I really wanted to at least nurse till 6 months, if not a year and we've already achieved two of our goals :) It really is a great bond that I've been Blessed to experience with her and I thank God everyday for that. Even though she looks like a spitting image of her Daddy, I think I just might have a "Momma's girl" on my hands! :-D

She sure has been my "troubled" child so far though... Miss Stubborn not wanting to come out of the oven till 5 days past due and even then, she would of stayed in longer if we let her ;-) then being my VERY vocal child from day one and poor thing with all her medical things that have gone on and are still not even over with. But you know, I wouldn't trade ANY of those very loud cries and screams - I take them in and remember that she will not always cry "like a baby" and she is Blessed to have the voice to do it! I know that her cries are her way of "talking" to us and I listen, even if I am at my breaking point!

Ok, I'm done with my Mommy talk... I am just so sad that she is already 6 months, but at the same time I am so happy that she is here, healthy & happy and I LOVE that I get the chance to watch her grow up everyday!!!

Here are a few pics we took today:

Daddy gave her a flour tortilla...

... she LOVED it!!

Look at that grin! She was "riding" Daddy - it was cute how she just balanced herself and was sitting up watching Veggie Tales

"Mommy, stop taking pictures of me - I'm trying to watch Bob & Larry"

0 comments: