Caitlin:
- Had her follow-up appt with Dr. Tammi today, did another catheter and her urine in the office looked good but they are still sending it off for another culture. Dr. Tammi asked what we wanted to do right away and I asked her honest opinion on what she'd do and she said the same things I was thinking... Caitlin has had 2 UTI's in the last 5 weeks and they came on pretty quick and her reflux is a Grade III on the left kidney and Grade II on the right kidney and since she had swelling on the left it would be better to put her on a low dose of antibiotics daily for the next 6 months... well till her 9 month check up (it will actually be 4 months roughly). At that point they will do another VCUG (the x-ray test that we are NOT looking forward to especially since she'll be older and A LOT more aware of whats going on) and that will check her reflux which will hopefully be a Grade I, if not gone and she will be able to get off the antibiotics. If it's NOT gone or a lower grade, she'll go another 3-6 months on antibotics and they'll do another VCUG to re-test... this cycle will repeat till it is clear. So she will start her antibiotics tonight!
- Other then all that she is doing great - sitting up a lot better and being a happy little baby! I say little but we weighed her again today and she is 13 lbs even!!! It makes me feel so great that she has been gaining weight! It's funny because I'm sure people at the docs office look at us strange when we get all excited that she has gained weight! LOL! She is still sleeping in her bed and it's sooo great! I don't know why I waited this long! She is starting to sleep A LOT later in the morning but I have noticed is not taking as many naps during the day, which is fine with me - gives me a chance to do whatever I need to do in the AM when she is asleep still and spend time with her and Hailey during the day. I say Hailey too because she will NOT let you be on the floor with JUST Caitlin, she has to be in the middle of whatever is going on ;-)
- Although it feels like we have lived at the docs office lately, she'll go back on the 22nd for her 6 month check up!
Hailey:
- She is a busy busy girl lately. She is spitting out new words daily. She now can say "mope" which means milk... she can stick her thumb up and say "yeah!" (thanks to Jeff's friend Brian teaching her that)... she also likes to say "ha-hoo" now, from the new WaMu commercial. It seems like watching Word World, she is spitting out words left and right -- she can say "sheep" which if you hear it for the first time almost sounds like shit (oops). She also went to Jeff tonight and said "it's empty" when her drink is done, but now when you ask her she says "empty". It's Cute!! She is eating really good lately (thank God) and will tell you "yes or no" when she is hungry which is the best thing - I love that she can say "yes and no" now!! It helps A LOT!! She still has her own little language that only she understands but what kid doesn't?
- She is in the Terrible 2's stage BAD lately -- she will look you dead in the eye and NOT listen! It doesn't matter if you spank (sorry Nana but we do spank) or if you put her in time out, it doesn't seem to phase her anymore! I have to calmly remind myself it is just a phase and she will snap out of it, hopefully sooner then later. Ha! Who am I kidding - it's only going to get worse from here! :)
- She is also being very rough lately... she likes to bite her sister for NO reason! She will go up and be sweet to her, talking or trying to tickle her and all of a sudden just bite Caitlin! Poor kid is going to be tough before she is even a year! LOL! Which is weird, she has not biten things in a long time... we went through that phase very early on and I had to bite her one time and from that day forward it never happened again... but I guess like a friend told me the day, maybe she is starting to realize sissy is not going away! Sooo I am trying to teach her that sissy is younger and smaller then her and she is supposed to protect her, not be mean to her.
Here are a few pics we took today and a couple of Hailey the other day, make note again - Hailey does NOT like to have her pictures taken anymore! I really hope she snaps out of that phase, as I don't want to go through a lapse in time without having any pics (or at least decent/good pics) of her...



1 comments:
Hailey looks so big in those pics with her hair in the "Pebbles" look. And Caitlin sure is getting some chunky cheeks! Caleb is learning to like his cereal.
Post a Comment