I am asking everyone to respectfully STOP telling me what I need to do.
Caitlin is eating FINE, she is nursing well... my milk supply seems to be back up and keeping up with her demands (every 2 hours, if not more often) and she is eating cereal twice a day. I am giving her AT LEAST 2 tbl spoons of cereal (usually 3) with 2-3 oz of FORMULA. She is NOT starved!!!
When we were at Dr. Tammi's office the other day she didn't seem to concerned with her feeding/weight gain and said we'd discuss it more later (at her check up on the 29th).
What most people are forgetting... yes she has only gained 1 lb / 4 oz since birth, but she also had acid reflux that we didn't know about for 2 months. She spit up ALL the time, almost after EVERY feeding and in between feedings. I know Ann Marie (Jeff's sister) mentioned to me that she thought it was weird that a breastfed baby was spitting up that much and it didn't click in my head till we found out she actually did have acid reflux. Then we got her on a good eating schedule and increasing her feedings and then she got sick (congested mostly) and wasn't eating very well then... so it's not like she has just been eating like crazy and never gained weight. There have been road blocks.
I am NOT going to just formula feed her, there is NOTHING wrong with me breastfeeding her. If when we go back to see Dr. Tammi she thinks we need to give a bottle of formula through the day once or twice or a few times, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
She is a happy baby, she is starting to try to sit up more now, she plays with toys when she is holding onto them, she changes things from one hand to another, she is smiling ALL the time, she is talking more (making noises), she is having the right amount of pee and poop diapers that she needs to be having, etc...
PLEASE stop being so worried about her. I understand and really appreciate that everyone cares about her well being but as of now, we strongly feel she is doing fine.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Caitlin is FINE! :)
Posted by Nicole at 11:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I don't know...are you SURE she's fine? :) You're doing great, Nicole. Don't forget that.
Nicole, Don't worry about what people say. Everyone has their own opinion. All babies are differrent. Until your doctor tells you different, keep doing what are you doing. You are a good mom!!
Jennifer M.
Post a Comment