Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Hailey Bug...

Most everyone knows that Hailey had a little bug of some sort on Sat night/Sunday.

For those that don't... We went to bed on Sat and she was fine. I woke up to her crying around I don't know what time but it was close to morning I know for sure, she was already in our bed and she usually only comes into our bed around morning time (5 am or later) when she wakes up. I was sooooo dead to the world and just calmed her down while laying there, didn't get up or turn over. Caitlin woke me up around 7 am so I got up and went pee and gave her pacifier to her and since Hailey was laying on me and my side of the bed I thought I'd move her over since I was up... noticed it looked like she pee'd in the bed, I figured we're getting up in 30 mins anyway, I'll just cover it with a towel till I noticed it almost looked like poop? GREAT! I thought there is NO way she did that, I checked her and turns out she got sick! I know what your thinking & I agree, YUCK! I thought she just got chocked up when crying till I saw the comforter and realized she THREW UP! YUCK again! Woke up Jeff and changed the bed and she got up and seemed fine. Jeff's dumb butt ;-) gave her chocolate milk (like we always do in the AM) and of course not maybe 30 mins later, she got sick again ON the clean new made bed. Needless to say we didn't make it to church that morning, figured we see how she felt. Took showers, she seemed fine, played and then finally fell asleep for a nap later that morning (Daddy had given her some meds, so I think they helped with the falling asleep part). When she got up we went to Jeff's parents for Sun lunch and she seemed fine, playing and having fun then got sick again! AhH! After that though she seemed fine all day, playing and running around. Got home and she ran a fever on and off through the day (not more then a 100.3 but it was usually around a high 90) and never got sick again. I was going to take her to see Dr. Tammi today but she seemed fine last night (finally eating a little here and there) and didn't run a fever again in the evening through this morning, so I guess it was a small bug or something. I kind of think it might of been her antibiotics, I know they were tough on her tummy all week...

She is still tugging at her ears A LOT lately though, so hopefully they will call us tomorrow (at the latest Wed) with the ENT referral info and we can get her in.

As Jeff said, it's just many more times like that to come again in the future (with Caitlin AND Hailey again I'm sure)... Oh the joys of parenting :-D

0 comments: