Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Girls "Sick" Update

Caitlin is doing better it seems like. She hasn't run fever since yesterday morning and has been eating and nursing well. She has seemed a little more fussier then normal but I think she is still trying to catch up on sleep. She didn't get much of a nap all day Mon (since we were at the DR for 3 hours and errands afterwards) and then today we had some errands we had to get done. Thankfully she was able to sleep a lot in the car, which I think helps (the car ride).

The Rocephin shot didn't seem to bother her much either... not like it did Hailey. I figured it would bother her more since she isn't active (walking) like Hailey is but she only had a few crying spells here and there yesterday and other then that she has been putting weight on it fine and acting okay. THANKFULLY! :) She started her antibiotics today and seems to be handling them good so far. Poor baby does have a bruise on her arm (where they took the blood) but her leg looks good where she got the shot.

Dr. Tammi said her test results should take 48-72 hours, which should be back by Thurs (since it was late in the day on Mon). They will call me with results, so I will be sure to update everyone then.

Hailey felt a little warm to me while we were out running errands today and we took her temp when we got home and she had a fever of 100.7, gave her Tylenol and it went down to 100.1 roughly... and it seemed to be going down when I took it before she went to bed. Hopefully when she gets up in the AM she won't have it anymore otherwise we'll be calling Dr. Tammi and taking her in. My main concern with her is her ears! I am scared she'll get another ear infection(s). If she does, we'll be going back to the ENT :(

Will update more as I know! :)

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Ahh, poor Hailey-poo! Hope she's not sick again. But, if she needs tubes that will be ok too. Summer's son had 8 ear infections during one year, got tubes, now is doing great. She actually wants tubes for her daughter now. But, no one wants their baby to have surgery no matter how minor it is.