As I posted yesterday in my update, we took Caitlin to the doc today.
She went to bed at 10pm last night with no fever, woke up with a weird cry around mid-night but went right back to bed thankfully and then woke up A LOT earlier then normal at 5:30am with a fever of 102 in one ear and like 101.7 in the other, I fed her and gave her Tylenol and she went right back to bed.
I called the doc at 8:15 this morning (they open at 8:00) and sat on hold for 8 minutes! Finally got through and they didn't have any sick appts for Dr. Tammi but they had an appt at 1:40pm with the Nurse Practitioner ... I went ahead and took it just incase, I figured if Caitlin woke up feeling better (she wasn't up yet) then I could still go and get her weight checked.
We dropped Hailey off with Shawna and took Mal with us (she missed a shot at her well check in Dec) and off to the doc we went, Caitlin screamed the entire way there pretty much - she started feeling A LOT worse I think. Got there and figured she'd stop crying once we got her out of the car seat and I was able to feed her and she did for awhile but started up while we were waiting. Jeff mentioned to the front desk girl that no one has ever seen the practitioner in our family & we would really appreciate it if they could squeeze us in to see Dr. Tammi since she knew our family history and Caitlin, she said she had to talk to Dr. Tammi and make sure she could squeeze her in (I told Jeff it was a yes) and of course a few minutes later she let us know that she could see us!! I LOVE DR. TAMMI!! :-D
Waited a bit and finally go in to see her, she weighed STILL 9lbs 6oz :-( But Dr. Tammi didn't seem to worried about it, we'll see if now that I have my vitamins and she is eating cereal REALLY good twice a day, if she'll chunk up some more before the 29th. Anyway, she checked her ears and everything and said everything looked fine. Because she showed no other signs other then fever she wanted to do blood work and a urine test. The blood work we went down to the lab to do and the urine test could be done 2 ways (1) They put a bag around her area and hope that she goes potty and it gets in the bag, for a boy it always does (for obvious reasons) or (2) they do a catheter, we tried option 1 first of course while we went to the lab. The lab work was the hardest thing EVER! They drew her blood from her arm vein!!! She screamed of course, but I honestly think it was because Daddy was holding her down. Went back up to the office and waited... and waited. Mal was finally get restless before they called us back!
Blood test showed it was more viral, her white count was higher then normal. She then checked the urine bag and of course she had gone potty a little but it missed the bag, so they got the nurse to get her to do a catheter. They were going to take her by herself, and I said NO - I'd like to go with. The nurse asked if I was sure since it isn't the greatest to see done but I insisted. I need to be there by my tiny baby... I held her hands and talked to her while she screamed. Poor thing! Thankfully the longest part of it all was the prep to do it. Urine test came back quick and Dr. Tammi said her urine was not completely clear. The test revealed that she did in fact have white blood cells in her urine, however it wasn't dramatically high. She said she might have a kidney or bladder infection. Sooooo Dr. Tammi is sending the urine off to have a culture done to see if they can grow any bacteria. We'll know more then, said it usually takes 48-72 hours but since we were there later in the afternoon it will probably be closer to the 72 which is Thurs. She didn't seem to think it is bacterial but wanted to be safer then sorry and gave her a Rocephin shot and she will start a round of antibiotics tomorrow. POOR THING -- She has seemed to handle the shot pretty good, only had a crying spell for awhile there (mostly in the car ride home) and every now and then I think it bothers her and she'll cry for a few seconds. She hasn't run fever all day - thankfully and hopefully she won't at all anymore. I have also been keeping on top of the Tylenol though too, so that is probably helping.
Anyway, keep her in your prayers that she starts feeling better. Other then the fever, she hasn't shown any signs of any other sickness. She has the "sick eyes" but I think a lot of that is from being soo tired, she has hardly napped at all today.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Caitlin Sick Doc Appt today...
Posted by Nicole at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hope Caitlin is feeling better today. Did Dr. Williams mention supplementing? If so, I can hook you up with some formula when I get back to work. :-)
Post a Comment