Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update on the girls...

Sorry this is a little long... but I think worth the read :)

We had our follow up sonogram and appointment with Dr. Wilcox today (the urologist at Children's) and she is good!!! The sono didn't show ANY "fungal ball" and he was happy that we didn't rush to give her meds last week since she doesn't need them. He wants to see her back in 3 months though for a follow-up sonogram because her left kidney is a little swollen. He said that it is not anything he feels would case any damage now or later and she is not in any pain with it. It could just be from the kidney reflux and will go back to normal soon. He feels very strongly that her kidney reflux will go away on it's own and to just watch her - if she shows any of the "signs" or has a UTI again we'll cross that bridge when we get there. YAH!!! I am sooooo happy to know she is OK!

She is such a happy girl lately too. She is REALLY starting to talk and laugh a lot. I know it's own little version of a laugh but it sounds like an adult little snicker... it's sooooo cute! She LOVES watching her sister play and be silly and will laugh at her anytime! She can be laying or sitting there and will just start laughing, I think she sees angels. :) She is sitting up better now too, hopefully it will be anytime that she can do it on her own.

I can't believe she turns 5 months on Saturday! Where on earth has the time gone? I also can't believe that I've been breastfeeding her for almost 5 months and still are going strong!!! It's such a blessing and relief to me that I've been able to supply her with what she needs, even if it was slow going for awhile. She is nursing great though and can eat cereal like it is going out of style :-D

She goes for her 6 month check-up with Dr. Tammi on April 22nd (the day she turns 6 months). We'll discuss with her then who she'll refer us to about her skin tag on her ear. Hopefully she'll be able to get it removed shortly after turning 6 months so she will hopefully not remember it and will bounce back quick from it. I think if she were Hailey's age or even a year - it would probably be harder on her. You know? Thank you for all the prayers, they worked!!! :)

Hailey is also doing great... Her vocab is growing more and more each day. Not sure if anyone has seen the show Word World on PBS but she LOVES IT! It's a really neat show... it spells words out, so they have an ANT and DUCK and so on and spell out the word in their body. It's cute. She LOVES the duck, she can say "quack quack" now and "Wro World". It's sweet to see her get all excited and start yelling out different things from the show when I turn it on for her. It's helping her learn letters too because they spell A LOT on the show to "build words".


She is actually starting to eat now too!!! She has been such a picky eater for so long now, at times I felt she wasn't eating enough because she would never eat for me but lately it seems like every time you put food in front of her she eats it. I am so happy for that, it gives me peace in mind. Granted, Dr. Tammi was never worried about her because she always gained weight and was right on the growth chart but as a Mom, you know you naturally worry. :)

She LOVES her little sister... she is really getting into trying to pick her up lately! The other day I was on the phone giving Jeff directions (in the same room but had my back to her) and I hear Caitlin getting fussy so I was going to pick her up out of her bouncy seat but she was on the floor! Hailey had picked her up and put her on the floor, she was fine (thankfully) but still. And the reason Hailey moved her... she wanted to put her in her baby doll stroller!!! It took her awhile to finally understand that sissy doesn't go in that stroller, only baby dolls. I kept saying "your babies go in there, not sissy" and she would say "baby" and point to Caitlin. LOL! Sweet of her to want to do it but scary that she did it.

She also LOVES her big sisters too. She always look at their pics on the wall and say "Mo" and "Mal" and loves her Aunt Shawna, she calls her nah-nah (it's what Shawna's niece and nephew have always called her) and she can say Joy-Joy (for Joy). It's cute. Sweet that she can go over and spend time with them too (Thank you Shawna, it's nice to give us a break and chance to do things we need to do!)

She is getting better at actually calling people by their name... assuming she can say it. I know it's great for me to hear her say "gigi" when talking to my Mom. Same for Nana & Papa (Jeff's parents), Momma, Dadda, Sissy (Caitlin), Mo, Mal, Nah-Nah, Joy-Joy, Stay (for my friend Stacy)...

She also really knows how to throw a wonderful "terrible two" tantrum now. She is very good at saying "no" and letting you know that she means no. I seriously think she is intently doing things lately that she KNOWS she is not allowed or supposed to do and when you go to correct her, it's almost like she is rolling her eyes at you. Not that she is really rolling her eyes but you know how a teenager will do that when they want to ignore what your telling them. LOL!

So both girls are doing great... sorry I don't have any pics to post right now. Been a little slow at taking them the last week. It's okay though, we'll have lots after this weekend. Caitlin's First Easter!!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Sorry to say, those tantrums don't get much better! Glad to hear everything is ok with Caitlin!