Sunday, March 16, 2008

We are Blessed!

I was reading through a few different blogs that I like to check in on from time to time and found a friend of mines sisters blog... I knew her (the sister) way back in the day but didn't ever really talk to her... wow have things changed. She is married now (to the guy she was with way back then) and have been dealing with infertility for awhile and finally got pregnant... she is 16 weeks and now faced with probably the hardest and toughest thing she'll ever face - this is from her blog "The doctor found many chromosome abnormalities and he said he would be very surprised if the baby did not have Trisomy 18. He could see a cleft lip on the face. The hands have extra fingers, and there are multiple cysts on the kidneys. He wanted to do an amnio right then, but the sac hasn't finished attaching completely yet, so he said it would be good to wait a week. The amnio will confirm any problems 100%, and chances are it will confirm Trisomy 18. Trisomy 18 is fatal and the baby will die." WOW, that is all I can say. I want to reach out to her as a fellow mother and tell her how much my heart aches for her but I don't want to say the wrong thing either. I'm sure she'd probably think I'm crazy for checking in on her life but I couldn't help checking back and reading her blog from when I first ready they faced infertility for so long and now were pregnant. Maybe I'll send my friend an email and have her pass a message along for me.

After reading some of her blog entries (she is a really good writer btw) I just realize how much we are REALLY Blessed. God has Blessed us with two beautiful healthy children and I couldn't be more grateful. I guess it really hit me because I read all this the day we got back from the doc with Caitlin and I was so upset about her but now I see this and just think how Blessed she is to not be worse then she is and everything.

You get so caught up in your busy life to stop and think about what others DON'T have and what you really have and what you should be Blessed to have in your life. This past week (two weeks really) Jeff has been soooo busy with business and at times I get stressed out after chasing a 2 year old around that doesn't want to listen to me or hearing a crying 4 month old that won't stop crying and wish he was home to help, but why! God has Blessed us with phone calls and I want Jeff to be home? I really have to step back and breathe and remember to not take anything for granted.

Okay -- I'm done with the sad blog now. I just wanted to express how I felt.

Hope everyone is having a great sunny Sunday!

1 comments:

Kaci said...

My sister appreciates all of the caring people that have reached out to her. Thank you for caring and you are blessed. Many people do take for granted those things that others long for so much. Please keep them in your prayers. This is a very difficult time for them. Thank you!